In other words, no worries that he'll have to trade a Rolex for his number in Cleveland -- unless Emmanuel Ogbah has dibs on it! twitter.com/baseball_ref/s…
Adam Cimber, one of the players going to Cleveland, is also the only person in MLB history to wear the number 90 https://t.co/vMT6mse0lf— Baseball Reference (@baseball_ref) July 19, 2018
- [Fletcher] Mike Trout releases statement about Manfred
- [Nightengale] Dodgers closer Kenley Jansen has already volunteered to pay teammate Max Muncy a nice tip for giving up his No. 13 jersey to new teammate Manny Machado. “He deserves it.’’ Jansen says
- The Haters Guide to the 2018 MLB Season: All-Star Edition
- [Dodger Insider] Zaidi said Machado will play some short and third, when the situation calls for it. "He’s going to move around a little bit like the rest of our guys do.”
- [Kubatko] Duquette said #orioles will be more active in international market. Today is 1st step "in a new direction".
- [Orioles] #ThanksManny
- [Turner] Alex Wood and Justin Turner finding out about the Machado trade
- [Rosenthal] Among the players the #Brewers are expected to target now that they have lost Machado: #Twins 2B Brian Dozier. Team also will explore pitching upgrades as well.
- Members of Congress introduce bill for Jackie Robinson/Larry Doby commemorative coin
- Dean Kremer (part of Manny Machado trade) - First Israeli drafted by a Major League Baseball team
- [Rosenthal] Source confirms: No cash going from #Orioles to #Dodgers . Machado owed about $6.3M for rest of season, but LAD still projected to be under luxury-tax threshold. Getting close to $197M threshold, though, as team also seeks a reliever.
- MLB commissioner says Las Vegas being considered for an expansion team
- [Rosenthal]Orioles getting Diaz, Kramer, Bannon, Pop, Valera, source tells The Athletic.
- [Passan] Sources: The Manny Machado-to-the-Dodgers deal is done. Players are being notified.
- [Stevens] Little kid writes letters to all 30 teams asking for pocket schedules, 28 respond (step it up Yankees and Padres)