• August 12, 2014 at 2:50 pm

@McCulloughStar: Blair, can you give these guys a shoutout RT @RoyalBlueNation: Can a new Website get a shoutout from Everyone’s favorite Royals writer?

GDT Record: 4-0

• August 12, 2014 at 3:51 pm

@McCulloughStar: Blair, can you give these guys a shoutout RT @RoyalBlueNation: Can a new Website get a shoutout from Everyone’s favorite Royals writer?

I saw that as I was walking in the grocery store. When I walked out and my phone grabbed signal, my pocket exploded with notifications.

• August 12, 2014 at 4:32 pm

Addressing the concerns raised on twitter:

Yes, the site is built on WordPress, which powers roughly 20% of the internet. The forum itself uses a software called bbPress, which is bulletin board (forum) software, much like PHPbb, which is what RB was using. The only difference is that PHPbb was stand alone where as bbPress integrates with WordPress. I’m not really concerned with it faltering, as in the 10 years I’ve been using WordPress, I’ve never had any issues with it buckling under pressure. If we are going to have any traffic related issues, they will come from us overloading our server, but I don’t anticipate that either – that’s what the caching plugin is for. I don’t think traffic is ever going to be an issue though. If we were MLB.com maybe, but with even the support of McCullough and all of the Royals blogs out there, we’re never going to get the type of traffic that could bring down this site (knock on wood).

• August 12, 2014 at 6:28 pm

Saw the shout out too. I say let’s bring the server to it’s knees personally. If we do that, we’re doing something right.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• August 12, 2014 at 7:44 pm

We should organize and target Rex during a broadcast. I’m not sure what the message should be, but it would have to be something positive for the purpose of making him say “Royal Blue Nation” on the air.

Of course I’m also assuming he looks at twitter sporadically during the broadcasts.

• August 12, 2014 at 9:17 pm

Royal Blue Nation is driving the bus tonight…I can see that happening.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1