• August 6, 2014 at 9:38 am

OK guys, I have set up RBN Facebook and Twitter accounts. My thought process behind this is all posts on the blog get automatically posted to fb and twitter, thus if you guys will like/follow the pages and invite your friends to do the same it will grow the number of people who see our site exponentially, and will hopefully increase our audience.

https://www.facebook.com/royalbluenation

https://twitter.com/royalbluenation

Also, anyone who wants to take the reins and post to either account, be my guest. I’m not very twitter savvy, so It would be much appreciated.

• August 6, 2014 at 11:32 am

I’d be more than happy to take the reigns on the twitter account

GDT Record: 4-0

• August 6, 2014 at 11:40 am

Let me change the password, as I just realized I used a password that I use for a lot of stuff, and I’ll message it to you… And anyone else that wants in on it.

• August 6, 2014 at 7:43 pm

I only maintain a Facebook presence for contest purposes. I have fewer than twenty “friends” and virtually all are contacts from previous jobs, and they friended me. I like Twitter but I don’t tweet as much as I used to.

I’ve liked RBN on Facebook and I’m following RBN on Twitter.

• August 8, 2014 at 11:43 pm

Thanks for everything you’re doing with twitter. You’re doing a bang up job.

• August 8, 2014 at 11:47 pm

Thanks for everything you’re doing with twitter. You’re doing a bang up job.

I’m looking to hopefully start tweeting like McCollough does. Once family in town leaves and I get to watch more games I’m gonna start in game tweeting and post game reactions

• August 8, 2014 at 11:54 pm

It was also nice of Royalblue.com (Which I believe is where Sarah is from?) to give us a shoutout. Might try and get McCoullough or Rany to get us a shoutout as well that’d really help us create some traffic

• August 8, 2014 at 11:58 pm

I’ve thought about reaching out to some people connected to the Royals to see if they would be interested in doing a Reddit-like AMA. I want to discuss it with the group first, because I would hate to get someone on board, and the group not participate.

• August 9, 2014 at 12:06 am

I’ve thought about reaching out to some people connected to the Royals to see if they would be interested in doing a Reddit-like AMA. I want to discuss it with the group first, because I would hate to get someone on board, and the group not participate.

That’d be cool we’d definitely need some established questions before hand to ensure participation.

Also an idea I’ve had. If we want multiple writers. (And Sarah has done a fantastic job, I’m not trying to discredit her at all just if we would like to expand it) we could reach out to UMKC, Rockhurst, KU, etc talk to their journalism departments and see if any students are Royals fans and would like to help contribute to the blog.

• August 9, 2014 at 12:09 am

I figure it helps the student practice and if they succeed, at the real life level, it helps our popularity substantially (Looking far down the road though)

• August 9, 2014 at 9:20 am

I would love to have as much original content as possible.

• August 9, 2014 at 3:24 pm

Regarding the Twitter account, if we can get timely updates from other games which can drive people to want to follow RBN’s Twitter account because of info they don’t have to search around the internet for or at least get it just as quickly, maybe that can get more followers.

For example, Detroit just lost and the Yankees just went down also. Letting others know info in real time what that means for the Royals can be important for the twitter page.

• August 9, 2014 at 3:43 pm

Regarding the Twitter account, if we can get timely updates from other games which can drive people to want to follow RBN’s Twitter account because of info they don’t have to search around the internet for or at least get it just as quickly, maybe that can get more followers.
    For example, Detroit just lost and the Yankees just went down also. Letting others know info in real time what that means for the Royals can be important for the twitter page.

Once I get less busy I will start to do this

• August 9, 2014 at 3:52 pm

We can always add more people to twitter so that you don’t have to carry the entire load.

• August 9, 2014 at 6:04 pm

We can always add more people to twitter so that you don’t have to carry the entire load.

If anyone else does they’re more than welcome I’m fine doing it alone for now. Just right now I have family in town so I haven’t been able to watch our games