• September 19, 2014 at 11:05 pm

For any growing website it’s a good idea to have an introductions thread. Go ahead and introduce yourself here! Whether you’re new or an old regular go for it. Tell us a little bit about yourself!

My names Lou, I’m from Omaha and am currently in high school on a college search. I’m looking into studying Sports Management or Marketing and hope to become a player representative (Agent) I currently work at a golf course (Love golf), I’m a huge Husker football fan, even bigger Arizona Cardinals fan, and I love Creighton basketball. Not to mention my love for Hockey.

GDT Record: 4-0

• September 19, 2014 at 11:06 pm

I hope the other mods don’t mind too if I sticky this thread. Just want a place for the new guys to step up and there to be an overall friendliness to the site

• September 20, 2014 at 12:18 am

My name is Mr. Mxyzptlk or metimoteo. If you can’t figure out my real name, you’re not trying. I’m a roaming children’s librarian. I have worked with children since before some of you were born. It’s true, I’m a kid at heart. I love to read. I grew up a Royals fan and will be one till I die. I, regrettably, haven’t been to the K in years, but that’s because I hate to drive and I hate flying even more. No, switch that. I love to fly but I don’t love flying in a post 9/11 world. I do hate driving and I haven’t owned a car in ages. For me, it is all about the bike…and the bus and my feet. I enjoy exercise and, when my knees let me, I like to run. I also cycle and swim, though I swim less now that I’ve let my 24 Hour Fitness membership lapse. Yes, I’ve done competitive triathlons, but I haven’t competed in one since 2010.

I love visual art and film especially. I think libraries are the world’s greatest institutions. I love museums, too. Tim Collins and I could see eye-to-eye. I went to university in Topeka and this other not-so-small town called…yeah, that’s the one! Don’t hold it against me, because I cheer for all Kansas teams. Besides, I didn’t go to college because of some stupid rivalry. Still, it’s nice to connect with others who also attended the same school. I love fantasy football and usually manage at least three teams per year. This season is no different. I’m more than a little nerdy. Toys, comic books, SciFi (not SyFy…wth?), that’s my game.

I’m a registered…right-of-center on some issues, left-of-center on others, but never down the middle. I hate zoos and public aquariums. I’d rather we move all captive animals from zoos and place them in sanctuaries where they don’t have to entertain the public. I’m a big believer in keeping wild animals wild. I’d love to return to space and someday I know I will. We can all trace our lineage to the stars. Humanity can’t live forever. It will change or it will be replaced. There is life on other worlds. I was raised a Catholic but now I’m a nothing, though I think the tenets of Catholicism and Christianity, and a number of other doctrines, worthy. I love to stir the pot.

That’s enough for now…

• September 20, 2014 at 9:45 pm

@gordon4mvp said:

I’m looking into studying Sports Management or Marketing

Great choices! My associate’s degree is in Marketing and my Bachelor’s degree is in Sports Management.

• October 30, 2014 at 3:42 pm

I was going to reply to this, but put it off. Then we started winning and superstition got the better of me.

I grew up in KC and played baseball growing up. Had a pretty nice little career that peaked when I walked a guy as a redshirt sophomore in the College World Series. Before the start of my redshirt junior year, my shoulder gave out. Had to have a total labrum repair, fixed up my rotator cuff, even had some damage under my shoulder blade they couldn’t get fixed up. My baseball careered ended with that surgery. I stuck around working for the team for another three years while I got my Masters. Once I finished there, I entered into a PhD program in a social science at Vanderbilt with a methodological (statistical) emphasis, married my wife (a Giants fan) last year, and am currently am working on a dissertation/prospectus.

Once my career was over, I avoided baseball other than the jobs that I worked for extra cash. I read RoyalBoard for most of my time there, but never posted. It took a couple years to get back into baseball where it didn’t hurt to be around the game. Posting on the board eased me back into the game. Talking to you guys over the past few years has really helped the transition back to the game that I love. For that I am truly grateful and want to say thank you for helping me through some dark times with my relationship with baseball.

• November 13, 2014 at 4:26 pm

I think that everyone that is going to introduce themselves has done so at this point, so I’m going to take the sticky off. If you want to bump this with a new post every now and then feel free.

• November 13, 2014 at 6:51 pm

@southpaw1188 said:
    I think that everyone that is going to introduce themselves has done so at this point, so I’m going to take the sticky off. If you want to bump this with a new post every now and then feel free.

I was hoping to use this once we began to pick up some more traffic, seeing as we shouldn’t expect too much traffic soon, fine by me

• November 14, 2014 at 9:29 am

Works for me as well. Bump it whenever you feel like it.