• August 10, 2014 at 6:51 pm

Guys, we’re trying to grow this site. Let’s end the troll war with RB. Seems like everyone has issues with one or two people on their site. We all know why we’re here. Let it go. We’re better than this. At this point, we should treat them as a non threat/issue and put that energy back into this site. The less traffic you give them, the better. That’s how you exact whatever feelings you still have with the old site.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• August 10, 2014 at 8:11 pm

Thank you for your message, bojacked. No doubt your post here and there was written in part because of what I posted there earlier today. While I don’t encourage people to check it out because, as you say, it will only give RB more traffic than it deserves, I was not going to let SD Tiger’s comments go unanswered.

To be fair, my post there today was my first to the site since June 26, when I responded to a message by DOM, who I’ve known since my ESPN days in the late 90s. He said he was giving up on RB and would not be moving here either; the news saddened me.

I want to note I post comments here and to Royals Review regularly, and I occasionally comment to Craig Brown’s site, Royals Authority. I don’t feel I’m feeding the enemy by contributing to these forums. I think we cope with breakup in whatever manner suits us, but I’m saddened it took a divorce to get what we wanted. What made RB a fun place to visit was its roster of regular contributors, such as you, and that’s what makes RBN so great. However, I may occasionally post a future note to RB. I think that’s my prerogative.

If anyone doubts my commitment to this board, though, they need only look at my post count. I’m here virtually every day offering my comments. Whether people find them valuable is another story, but I have been foremost in my praise of what Danny had created. In fact, I was among the first to suggest we should abandon RB and, I believe, the third or fourth person to register to this site. I’m very grateful for the contributions of so many people who’ve made RBN possible and I see only better days ahead because of their collective efforts.

• August 10, 2014 at 8:35 pm

Thank you for your message, bojacked. No doubt your post here and there was written in part because of what I posted there earlier today. While I don’t encourage people to check it out because, as you say, it will only give RB more traffic than it deserves, I was not going to let SD Tiger’s comments go unanswered.
    To be fair, my post there today was my first to the site since June 26, when I responded to a message by DOM, who I’ve known since my ESPN days in the late 90s. He said he was giving up on RB and would not be moving here either; the news saddened me.
    I want to note I post comments here and to Royals Review regularly, and I occasionally comment to Craig Brown’s site, Royals Authority. I don’t feel I’m feeding the enemy by contributing to these forums. I think we cope with breakup in whatever manner suits us, but I’m saddened it took a divorce to get what we wanted. What made RB a fun place to visit was its roster of regular contributors, such as you, and that’s what makes RBN so great. However, I may occasionally post a future note to RB. I think that’s my prerogative.
    If anyone doubts my commitment to this board, though, they need only look at my post count. I’m here virtually every day offering my comments. Whether people find them valuable is another story, but I have been foremost in my praise of what Danny had created. In fact, I was among the first to suggest we should abandon RB and, I believe, the third or fourth person to register to this site. I’m very grateful for the contributions of so many people who’ve made RBN possible and I see only better days ahead because of their collective efforts.

It was more based off of Bairdhater locking the other thread to be honest. He’s a no BS kinda guy from what I’ve seen. If I were still mod, I would have done the same thing. It’s been well over a month and time for moving on. As for doubting your commitment, that never entered the conversation.

Because Royals™

• August 10, 2014 at 8:49 pm

I fully admit to me trolling the guy. But it’s also a good thing Baird banned me cause I deserved it. I don’t plan on ever going back there and I advise the same to everyone else. I’m just too blunt not to do that kinda stuff

GDT Record: 4-0

• August 10, 2014 at 8:53 pm

And regarding what you said met, I don’t care if any of us post on any other sites, do whatever you want it’s a free country. Just keep posting here and I know I’ll be happy.

I’m just really argumentative and I’m always looking for a battle. Gets me in trouble more than it helps me though

GDT Record: 4-0

• August 11, 2014 at 12:19 am

I miss the other board as it always seemed to have great daily action from a wide variety of people. Can’t say I ever got into a pissing match with a MOD or understood why people did. This is a very nice board for sure and I use it as the primary now. However just seems that the “breakup” really killed everyone from posting in general. Just my opinion but I hope this board can pick up where RB was

• August 11, 2014 at 12:45 am

However just seems that the “breakup” really killed everyone from posting in general.

I’m pretty sure PerfectStorm is the only consistent poster now. So they have that going for them.

Because Royals™

• August 11, 2014 at 1:06 am

However just seems that the “breakup” really killed everyone from posting in general.

I agree with you to a point. DOM was a valuable contributor and he’s gone, but most of the other regulars are here. Those who posted consistently to RB and have chosen to stick with it or go somewhere else or quit posting entirely can’t be replaced. But they don’t have to be.

Most of the people who made RB what it was are here now. I count among them Danny, Gene, Isaac, Phil, Rich, bojacked, G4MVP, DrT, Jobber, DH, Bairdhater, Motley, Southpaw, desertfan, Royal Chris, BigUn, and I’m sure a few others I’m regrettably forgetting. Even if these people post less now than they did before, they’re the block leaders of a community that made RB likeable and make this place feel like home, even if the drapes look a little different.

Change is sometimes difficult but it’s often for the best. I’m very happy with what Danny has created here. He deserves a lot of praise. I’m glad so many of the core contributors to RB decided to embrace his vision and have helped shaped this site. It offers a user experience superior to what we had to endure previously.

In time, I hope new users will begin contributing regularly to RBN and help it grow. The enmity that existed between people on RB is largely absent here. People aren’t calling people names like they did on the board that shall not be named. I know people still don’t like me, but I’m controversial and I wouldn’t have it any other way.

• August 11, 2014 at 1:12 am

I feel like a lot of this new found animosity towards the old board is my fault for starting the Perfect Storm thread last week. That said, we are all responsible for our own actions, and I’m not going to tell someone what they can or can’t post, or where they can or can’t post it. All I ask is that if someone mention RBN outside of this domain, that makes them a representative of it. When we represent RBN let’s do it with as much positivity and class as we possibly can. This will go a long way towards helping us achieve long term success.

You guys embarrass me with a wealth of accolades every week, and I am grateful for every one of them, but my job is easy. It’s each and everyone of you who have made this board a success. Let’s try not to do anything to jeopardize that.

• August 11, 2014 at 1:54 am

Off topic a bit, but do you guys have a beef with Pine Tar Press? I seem the remember that one of the mods of RB left to go to PTP and tried to take everyone with him, and wiped out the board upon exit.

The reason that I ask is because I visited the site for the first time tonight and noticed they don’t have a forum, but have a lot of content. I was thinking maybe we can serve as their board and they can promote their content here and maybe provide us with some original stuff.

• August 11, 2014 at 2:17 am

I’ve just been busy and honestly real life has interferred with me being able to post consistently but I’ll get back to it… I know how much you all miss me. 🙂

• August 11, 2014 at 12:35 pm

I like this part: “Finally, the negative nellies are gone!”

Yeah, everyone is gone….and the team is fucking winning!

First Royalboarder to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 4/29/2010.

First RBNer to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 6/20/2014

• August 11, 2014 at 1:27 pm

Really hard to say bad things about a team that is on fire and a half a game out from leading the division in the middle of August.

As far as the fighting goes, I’d say don’t be petty and troll the old site. It is done, no need to kick a sick animal. That said k8s6n9 is reaching closer to master troll level.

• August 11, 2014 at 1:56 pm

I’ve wondered about that user name. Does it mean: Kate’s 6 and 9? like Kate has a record of 6 wins and 9 losses?

First Royalboarder to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 4/29/2010.

First RBNer to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 6/20/2014

• August 11, 2014 at 2:54 pm

Off topic a bit, but do you guys have a beef with Pine Tar Press?

Not I, sir. I don’t know what Bob Stalder’s connection is with PTP, but my connection to Bob goes back to my ESPN days. Whatever beef he had with RB stemmed from his professional relationship with Nick.

The reason that I ask is because I visited the site for the first time tonight and noticed they don’t have a forum, but have a lot of content. I was thinking maybe we can serve as their board and they can promote their content here and maybe provide us with some original stuff.

I say, go for it! Perhaps you could also reach out to Craig Brown at Royals Authority and develop a similar partnership.