• September 2, 2014 at 1:40 pm

I’ve created an ESPN Gridiron Challenge group and I invite you to participate. It’s a “private” group but you’re welcome to invite others you know to participate. For those of you unfamiliar with the format, it’s FREE to join, however, you can win REAL prizes. One of the best things about the ESPN Gridiron Challenge format is you can share players. I can have Peyton Manning and you can have him, too. The biggest challenge I find is overcoming the bye weeks. You must also stay within the floating salary cap. You can create multiple entries. I have a second waiting in the wings. To play you must also have a Go.com (ABC, ESPN, Disney, etc.) account. Actually, I think nowadays you can register with Facebook but I’ve had my Go.com account since the 90s.

Although the NFL season kicks off Thursday, you have until the Monday night games next week to assemble your team for the first week of the season. Of course, if you wait till Monday to field your roster, you’re limited to the players participating in the Monday night contests.

Here’s the link:

Group Type: Private
    Group Creator: metimoteo
    Group Motto: “Yosted”
    Group Entries Per User: 2
    Group Password: Gordon
    Group Game Mode: Floating Salary Cap – Increases and decreases in the value of the players on your team will be applied to your overall salary cap based on each player’s performance.
    Locking Rules: Locked – Entries may leave/join group only before the games begin

• September 3, 2014 at 9:58 pm

You have till Monday next week to assemble your rosters.

• September 4, 2014 at 1:18 pm

I’m in. I think that Dr. T. has a team in there as well if anyone else wants to play.

• September 4, 2014 at 10:11 pm

Great! I wish I would have put this to you all sooner but I let other things consume my time.

• September 14, 2014 at 5:18 pm

Yes, that was me that joined.

• September 14, 2014 at 6:08 pm

You killed it in week one. Nice job!

• September 15, 2014 at 12:26 pm

If Peterson drops by .3 this week, which he may, I’ll have Brees, Manning, McCoy, AP, D. Thomas, Megatron and Jimmy Graham. That is absurd.