I’ve created an ESPN Gridiron Challenge group and I invite you to participate. It’s a “private” group but you’re welcome to invite others you know to participate. For those of you unfamiliar with the format, it’s FREE to join, however, you can win REAL prizes. One of the best things about the ESPN Gridiron Challenge format is you can share players. I can have Peyton Manning and you can have him, too. The biggest challenge I find is overcoming the bye weeks. You must also stay within the floating salary cap. You can create multiple entries. I have a second waiting in the wings. To play you must also have a Go.com (ABC, ESPN, Disney, etc.) account. Actually, I think nowadays you can register with Facebook but I’ve had my Go.com account since the 90s.
Although the NFL season kicks off Thursday, you have until the Monday night games next week to assemble your team for the first week of the season. Of course, if you wait till Monday to field your roster, you’re limited to the players participating in the Monday night contests.
Here’s the link:
Group Type: Private
Group Creator: metimoteo
Group Motto: “Yosted”
Group Entries Per User: 2
Group Password: Gordon
Group Game Mode: Floating Salary Cap – Increases and decreases in the value of the players on your team will be applied to your overall salary cap based on each player’s performance.
Locking Rules: Locked – Entries may leave/join group only before the games begin
You have till Monday next week to assemble your rosters.
I’m in. I think that Dr. T. has a team in there as well if anyone else wants to play.
Great! I wish I would have put this to you all sooner but I let other things consume my time.
Yes, that was me that joined.
You killed it in week one. Nice job!
If Peterson drops by .3 this week, which he may, I’ll have Brees, Manning, McCoy, AP, D. Thomas, Megatron and Jimmy Graham. That is absurd.
ESPN Gridiron Challenge: Invitation
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
- What are some strange off-the-field injuries?
- [MLB Pipeline]The Marlins are asking for a lot in return for Christian Yelich. Peter Gammons says the club has asked the Braves for Ronald Acuna.
- In 2006, Albert Pujols was the most valuable player according to WAR, with 8.1. In 2017, he was the least valuable at -2.0. Has any other player been both in one career?
- The Cubs and Astros rebuild/tank both worked. Which current rebuilding team will be the first to fail?
- New Phillies manager Gabe Kapler explains what is going to lead to a “shitload” of wins
- Are the Detroit Tigers the worst team in MLB? Bleacher Report says yes
- Ichiro the past 2 years in high leverage situations (60 PA): .442/.500/.558
- [Sullivan] The Gerrit Cole Trade Has a Perception Problem
- A gift from my insurance agent - Texas Rangers opening week tickets.
- [Crasnick] An update to this Christian Yelich story: Yelich's agent says he hasn't decided whether to attend FanFest Feb. 10. A #Marlins official said FanFest attendance is mandatory, and players who don't attend are subject to being fined by the club.
- (Heyman) Jay Bruce: 3M signing bonus 1.5 on 1/31/19, 1.5 1/31/20, 10M in ‘18, 13M in ‘19, 13M in ‘20. No performance incentives. Awards bonuses including 125K for MVP, 100K for WS MVP. #mets
- Blue Jays farm hands visited my kid's special needs school yesterday. Thought I would share with /r/baseball
- [Olney] Source: Boston's offer to J.D. Martinez is in the range of five years, $100 million.
- Hall of Fame Discussion: Jim Thome
- [Thibodaux] With 187 ballots revealed/~44.1% of the vote known: Chipper - 98%, Vlad - 95%, Thome - 93%, Edgar 80%, and Hoffman - 78% would make the HOF