• July 31, 2014 at 4:20 pm

I’ve had a couple users tell me that their quote link doesn’t work, and that they are missing the buttons from the editor. I’m inclined to believe it’s a few isolated incidents and not a widespread problem. Is anyone else having these issues? The editor should look like the picture below.

• July 31, 2014 at 4:25 pm

I don’t have those. I thought maybe it was something to do with using firefox

• July 31, 2014 at 4:37 pm

I don’t have those. I thought maybe it was something to do with using firefox

They should be visible on every browser with or without Adblock Plus.

• July 31, 2014 at 4:43 pm

Never had those either, quote button has never worked on Firefox for me, only on IE or my phone.

• July 31, 2014 at 6:28 pm

I’ve changed the quote to use HTML instead of bbcode, though I liked the look of the bbcode quote better. I’ve looked at all the settings for the editor and it should be good. I’d be interested in taking remote control of someone’s PC that isn’t seeing the buttons and see if I can find something on their end causing the problem.

• July 31, 2014 at 8:31 pm

Can someone let me know if the buttons are showing or not?

• July 31, 2014 at 9:43 pm

I see the blue buttons above the box on my end.

Royals baseball ~ Pass the Excedrin!

• July 31, 2014 at 9:43 pm

Buttons don’t show up for me and quote button in each post does not work either. Though it’s the only one that doesn’t.

• July 31, 2014 at 9:46 pm

Buttons don’t show up for me and quote button in each post does not work either. Though it’s the only one that doesn’t.

Quote button works for me. BTW, I use Safari.

Royals baseball ~ Pass the Excedrin!

• July 31, 2014 at 9:54 pm

Nope… I do not see any of those buttons at all and I’m using Firefox as well.

When I switch to Explorer I see them but I hate using Explorer so I don’t but they are there when I use it at work. They are not there when I use Firefox at home.

• July 31, 2014 at 9:59 pm

It’s starting to appear that firefox is the culprit. That at least gives me a direction to dig.

• August 1, 2014 at 12:47 am

OK, good news/bad news.

The good news is I figured out the problem. The buttons and the link are javascript, and apparently firefox handles it funny. The bad news is that I don’t have a fix for it – at least not yet. I installed FF and installed some extensions to try to get around it, but no dice. I’m pretty frazzled from it, so I’m giving up for the time being. If anyone has any ideas, I’m all ears.

• August 1, 2014 at 9:58 am

Firefox has always had issues on RBN. I’ve come to expect this and I simply don’t use the “reply|quote” feature. The BBCodes do not appear above the text box in Firefox. I use BBCodes but I employ them myself. I also use html tags for the links but type these in myself when I embed the link. Otherwise, I simply list and unadulterated link.

This is a

using BBCodes.

Embedded quote

Unadulterated quote: http://www.brainyquote.com/

I occasionally use Chrome, but Firefox remains my preferred browser and I’m not likely to abandon it as my top choice. When I was actively managing my school and library website, I would view the sites using Firefox, Chrome, IE, Safari, Opera, and Maxthon. I have all these installed on my notebook and can toggle between them when I desire.

It’s weird Firefox has such issues with RBN, but they’re not so debilitating that it significantly diminishes my experience on the site. I remind myself what we left and what we have now and that pretty much cures any worry or bother I have.

I guessing you’ll figure it out eventually, Danny. And if you don’t, I smart enough to work around the issues, and you’ve recommended others that have helped, like refreshing my browser more often and clearing my cache.