• July 6, 2017 at 12:48 am

@bojacked85 said:
    null

Every Royals fan should be like this now. Anyone who thinks it is worthwhile trying to win it all this season is drinking way too much blue Kool-Aid.

This is why you don’t post about giving up on a season in May.

• July 6, 2017 at 11:19 pm

@guthriesmom said:

I’m not wrong here. There’s still half a season to go. While I want nothing but success, if we fall short of a WS victory here, it will be a missed opportunity.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• July 8, 2017 at 7:16 pm

@guthriesmom said:

Yes, you do. In fact you post about it in April or even March.

And If you run a baseball team and you can’t HONESTLY assess where you stand in relation to the rest of the league and your HONEST chances at being a playoff team or really a World Series contender and then make the determination on whether you’re a buyer or a seller before the season even starts… then you’re not a very good general manager. Which of course, Dayton Moore isn’t. I’m not saying he’s the worst because he’s not but he’s not a good general manager either.

Here’s the facts. If they don’t sell – and obviously they’re not going to – and they don’t make the World Series… and yes I said MAKE THE WORLD SERIES… not just the playoffs… and then everybody walks at the end of the year and we get a couple of draft picks out of it, that’s a stupid decision that was made by your general manager. That’s putting a HUGE hole in this franchise for the next 10 years.

Now you can sit on your couch and sporadically post stupid stuff on here and act like you know anything about this game behind closed doors… but if you can’t see how dumb that decision will be if he’s wrong, then that’s on you.

In fact if I was the owner I’d personally call Dayton to my office right now and tell him his job is on the line. Either trade everybody now and set this franchise up for the next few years… or put your job on the line and bet it all that you’re going to make the World Series.

If you’re looking at this team right now and you think we’re beating Cleveland or Boston or the Yankees or Houston in the playoffs………………… especially when they will probably all buy at the deadline and we won’t – at least nothing worth anything…… you’re seeing something I’m not.

• July 9, 2017 at 7:27 pm

So here’s the bottom line – and yes I’m going to bitch about the stupidity of sports radio in KC again……….

3 days ago the talking heads on 610 were all in and puffing their chests out and telling everybody how they knew all along that we were a top team in the American League and at the time held the final Wildcard spot so it was obvious that the team wasn’t selling. They had a LOT to say about it.

Today we stand in 7th place in the AL… moving down 2 spots in just 3 days. Granted we are only a couple of games out of a Wildcard spot – which by the way is stupid to be discussing at the All Star break but they brought it up……….. however we’re also only a couple of games out of having the 9th or even 10th best record in the American League, that’s how stacked up the teams are right now.

So it may very well be that we’re in contention because pretty much everybody but 2 or 3 teams isn’t right now… but that in no way shape or form actually means we’re good right now because we go on another little losing streak and we’re just as easily the 10th best team in the league as we are the 5th.

• July 24, 2017 at 6:55 pm

Unsticking for now. See you again once the season ends.

• July 29, 2017 at 1:01 am

It’s interesting how a 9 game winning streak just makes all of this even funnier. We’re a half game out of the 1st wildcard. We’re 2 games out of the division.

I’ll say it again – you don’t post about giving up on the season in May.

Oh, and counting tonight’s win in Boston, we’re collectively 14-12 this year against the Red Sox, Yankees, Astros, and Indians. If I was a fan of any of those teams, I’d be petrified of playing a Royals team that’s already won one championship and will stop at no lengths to win another one before it’s over.

• September 16, 2017 at 11:48 am

@southpaw1188 said:
    Unsticking for now. See you again once the season ends.

Maybe it is time to re-stick. 😀

• September 17, 2017 at 1:11 am

Where is Guthrie’s mom at? Isn’t it interesting how he only comes around when he thinks there’s something positive to say and then disappears when it’s obvious what an idiot he is?

No, it’s not interesting, it’s just typical.

• September 28, 2017 at 6:45 pm

@gene said:
    Maybe it is time to re-stick. 😀

Ask and you shall receive (eventually).

• September 28, 2017 at 6:47 pm

Not everyone can tank like the Tigers

• September 28, 2017 at 7:35 pm

@southpaw1188 said:
    Not everyone can tank like the Tigers

https://twitter.com/jaysonst/status/913468133876396033

It is quite amazing that they have tied the Giants for worst record.

• November 16, 2017 at 4:48 pm

All three decline the QO. Now all FA, Royals could get three high picks if all of them walk.

• November 16, 2017 at 8:58 pm

@southpaw1188 said:
    All three decline the QO. Now all FA, Royals could get three high picks if all of them walk.

Do you think Royals are getting better at drafting? (Either pitcher or everyday players?)

Do you think Royals are getting better at developing the guys they draft? (Again, either pitcher or everyday players?)

• December 5, 2017 at 4:12 pm

I hope this is sarcastic. Wily Peralta can eat innings. That is the best thing I can say about him.

• December 7, 2017 at 3:22 pm

Long time no talk boys. Doesn’t any real rebuild plan start with trading Salvy and Duffy at some point this season, pick up 3 draft picks for our FA’s, slay the June draft, and hope for a new window in 2020?

First Royalboarder to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 4/29/2010.

First RBNer to call for Dayton Moore to be fired. 6/20/2014