• May 29, 2017 at 4:26 pm

null

Every Royals fan should be like this now. Anyone who thinks it is worthwhile trying to win it all this season is drinking way too much blue Kool-Aid.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• May 30, 2017 at 9:46 am

The thing Moore has to do now is figure out how to wiggle out of the band aid two year deals with veterans he signed to try and keep to boat afloat. A whole lot of money is going to Soria, Wood, Hammel, and Kennedy next year and all those guys add no value to the franchise any more. Part of why he was able to build up the team is that he had flexibility in payroll with long term commitments. That seems to have flown out the window, but who knows what he call pull off in the next two months.

• June 9, 2017 at 12:01 pm

Not much traffic on here, going the way of royalboard?

• June 10, 2017 at 8:20 am

@iaroyal said:

I doubt it. I can only speak for myself, but I’ve been on the road coaching baseball so I barely had time to call family, let alone post.

The lack of traffic is a function of the lack of change with the team. No reason to do GDT when they suck. Only so many times you can point out the same flaws. My guess is traffic picks up when moves happen.

• June 12, 2017 at 2:34 pm

Some interesting comments from Steve Adams at MLBTR about Royal’s trade inventory.

https://www.mlbtraderumors.com/2017/06/taking-inventory-kansas-city-royals.html

• June 12, 2017 at 5:57 pm

The Royals have a lot of parts to unload should they choose to do so. My fear is that other teams will sell their parts for less (Pirates, everyone in the AL that isn’t Boston, NY or Houston) and thus leave Moore with little to show for the deadline.

• June 12, 2017 at 5:57 pm

The Royals have a lot of parts to unload should they choose to do so. My fear is that other teams will sell their parts for less (Pirates, everyone in the AL that isn’t Boston, NY or Houston) and thus leave Moore with little to show for the deadline.

• June 19, 2017 at 2:01 pm

Dodgers are supposedly interested in Cain. I really hope Moore can get creative with them and dump some salary. There might be a way to do what the Red Sox did in the Gonzalez trade. Imagine something like Cain and Kennedy for Puig.

• June 24, 2017 at 12:59 am

@iaroyal said:

There’s not much traffic on here because this board is dead. Everyone is on Twitter or Royalsreview.com.

• June 24, 2017 at 9:47 pm

@guthriesmom said:
    There’s not much traffic on here because this board is dead. Everyone is on Twitter or Royalsreview.com.

I’m busy getting ready for kiddo #2. I’m around, just not posting as often.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• July 3, 2017 at 2:58 pm

Everyone should be cheering Kennedy on for the rest of the season. If he plays well enough he may opt out and save the Royals $48MM.

• July 4, 2017 at 11:04 am

So the Royals might be right when they end up not selling. Look at the teams that are selling, and the parts that are for sale, and compare it to what the Royals have.

Teams out: Toronto, Detroit, Chi Sox, Oakland, Philly, Miami, NYM, Pittsburgh, Cincy, San Diego, San Francisco, Atlanta.

Teams probably out: Cards, Texas, Seattle, Baltimore, Tampa.

Teams that might buy: Red Sox, Yankees, Cleveland, Houston, Washington, Cubs, LAD, Arizona, Colorado. And the problem here is Houston and Washington have already won the division so they would be buying with an eye to October.

Punting aside the probably out teams, for SP Verlander, Quintana, Gray, Volquez, Cole, Cueto are probably all on the market. You can probably also have a run at Abreu, Alonso, Kinsler, Bautista, Smoak, Melancon, Madson, Robertson, Smardijza, Span. There are probably others I’m not thinking of from the list of sure sellers. Now imagine Darvish and all the Rangers become available.

The point I’m trying to make is I don’t know if there is anyone that is going to pay anything worth a damn for what the Royals are selling. Moose is the only one that seems to me at least to fetch something on this market that would be worth trading. I don’t know if it makes sense to move one guy, tank any chance of winning this season, and not sell the other guys because no one is going to buy. The return has to be someone that can play in the ML, which I don’t know if we could extract at the moment given it is a buyers market.

• July 4, 2017 at 12:05 pm

@southpaw1188 said:
    the point I’m trying to make is I don’t know if there is anyone that is going to pay anything worth a damn for what the Royals are selling. Moose is the only one that seems to me at least to fetch something on this market that would be worth trading. I don’t know if it makes sense to move one guy, tank any chance of winning this season, and not sell the other guys because no one is going to buy. The return has to be someone that can play in the ML, which I don’t know if we could extract at the moment given it is a buyers market.

Do you not think Minor and Vargas not to mention Herrera and even Soria might not fetch some decent prospects?
    There might not be much of a market for Hosmer and Cain idk. Does look like there are going to be alot of bats available.
    Probably all academic anyway unless we really go on a slide soon.

• July 4, 2017 at 6:42 pm

Always a way to part out RP. The SP market is saturated.