1B Moss
    DH Soler
    LF Gordon
    3B Cuthbert
    SS Escobar

• July 19, 2017 at 1:59 am

So you’re predicting like… 65 wins?

• July 19, 2017 at 8:54 am

If that is the lineup next year I’ll be squarely in the fire Moore camp.

• July 25, 2017 at 5:25 pm

The only way this would be the lineup is if either Glass pocketed all the money coming off the books and didn’t reinvest in the team, or they go the Route of the Astros and tank for a few years. My guess is that they let Vargas, Cain, and Escobar walk, and make an overpay a bit to resign Hosmer and Moose.

• July 25, 2017 at 8:26 pm

I’m all for resigning Moose. Hosmer, He has his moments, but he has more moments hitting the ball on the ground. I wouldn’t break the bank on him.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• July 26, 2017 at 11:28 am

God I hope DM does the right thing and doesn’t resign Esky this offseason. Mondesi is easily the better choice at the position for much cheaper. Also, if your not planning on bringing Cain back, you might as well give Bubba a shot out there since its most likely going to be a black hole in the batting order no matter what.

• July 26, 2017 at 12:27 pm

I don’t think that Escobar is going to cost much more than league minimum, if he gets even that.

• July 26, 2017 at 9:33 pm

@southpaw1188 said:
    I don’t think that Escobar is going to cost much more than league minimum, if he gets even that.

I think it’s time for Escobar to move to second. He doesn’t have the range he used to, and I think Whit has 2B secured for next season.

• July 27, 2017 at 9:30 am

Escobar really has no place on this team going forward after this season. It would be a mistake for Dayton to bring him back in any capacity for any cheap deal. Mondesi is a better defensive shortstop, and at worse will probably match Esky as a hitter. Esky has absolutely no shot of beating out Whit. Reserve middle infielder maybe??? That’s really the only option I see with him, and I doubt he’ll want to do that.

• July 27, 2017 at 10:21 am

@nate04 said:
    Escobar really has no place on this team going forward after this season. It would be a mistake for Dayton to bring him back in any capacity for any cheap deal. Mondesi is a better defensive shortstop, and at worse will probably match Esky as a hitter. Esky has absolutely no shot of beating out Whit. Reserve middle infielder maybe??? That’s really the only option I see with him, and I doubt he’ll want to do that.

I kinda doubt Escobar will have much choice in the matter.

• July 27, 2017 at 11:08 am

I have to believe we will re-sign one or two of Cain, Moose, or Hosmer. I don’t think we re-sign Esky, he goes somewhere that needs a SS on a two year deal to bring in the “winning culture” to that club.Kinda like Shields supposedly brought to us.

This isn’t maybe what I want to happen, but this is what I could see more:

2B Whit
    RF Bonifacio
    CF Cain
    3B Moose
    C Perez
    DH Soler
    1B Moss
    LF Gordon
    SS Mondesi

Probably a .500 team. Or you could let Cain go, move Gordon to center (ugh), and put Dozier or someone in left.

• July 27, 2017 at 1:31 pm

My 2 cents is that Hosmer and Moose are pricing themselves out of the Royal’s range.

If Cain doesn’t start hitting better Royals might end up offering more than anyone else….like they did with Gordon, but my hunch is that Bubba will be given the opportunity unless he totally faceplants in August / September.

As long as they stay healthy and reasonably effective Vargas and Minor will sign elsewhere for big bucks.

Escobar I think is going to be shocked how little money is out there for him. I doubt Dayton would bring him back but if Ned doesn’t retire he might whine enough that Dayton will re-sign the guy.

• July 27, 2017 at 4:38 pm

My .02

DH: Bonifacio
    C: Salvy
    1B: Moss
    2B: Whit
    SS: Mondesi
    3B: I think we pick up someone like Jung Ho Kang
    LF: Gordon
    CF: Starling
    RF: Cain

One of the infielders gets pushed out midseason by Nicky Lopez. Honestly if we bring back Esky it is such a mistake as he blocks Mondesi and Lopez who are two of the few promising prospects we have

Rotation
    Duffy
    Kennedy
    Hammell
    Cahill (Just a gut feeling that we’ll overpay him and bring him back)
    Some other bum like Mike Pelfrey

GDT Record: 4-0

• September 17, 2017 at 5:44 pm

Well, it looks like the only “sure” things at this point are;

Salvy C
    Merrifield somewhere
    Gordon in OF Somewhere
    Moss Some DH/1B/LF
    Kennedy SP
    Hammel SP
    Junis SP
    Karns SP or RP
    Buchter RP
    Soria RP
    Alexander RP
    Maurer RP
    Herrera RP

Pencilled in:
    Duffy SP
    Butera C back up
    Soler RF/DH
    Jorge Bonifacio RF/DH
    Cuthbert 3B
    Orlando 5th OF / CF
    Mondesi SS or 2b
    Brian Flynn RP

Did I miss anyone under contract?
    A dogs breakfast say what?

• September 18, 2017 at 10:35 am

@gene said:
    Well, it looks like the only “sure” things at this point are;

Salvy C
    Merrifield somewhere
    Gordon in OF Somewhere
    Moss Some DH/1B/LF
    Kennedy SP
    Hammel SP
    Junis SP
    Karns SP or RP
    Buchter RP
    Soria RP
    Alexander RP
    Maurer RP
    Herrera RP

Pencilled in:
    Duffy SP
    Butera C back up
    Soler RF/DH
    Jorge Bonifacio RF/DH
    Cuthbert 3B
    Orlando 5th OF / CF
    Mondesi SS or 2b
    Brian Flynn RP

Did I miss anyone under contract?
    A dogs breakfast say what?

The first four on your penciled in list are locks unless they do something in the off season. I would not count on Karns as a lock. I also think that some of the pitching gets traded off this winter (especially in the bullpen).