• Profile picture of Justin Wray

    Justin Wray replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 18 hours, 27 minutes ago

    Well stated. It’s extremely easy to build a winning MLB franchise from the ground-up and back into a World Series championship.

    Potentially one of the most inaccurate posts I’ve ever read on the interwebz.

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene replied to the topic 2017 Post-Season Thread in the forum Baseball 20 hours, 7 minutes ago

    Do you guys think Verlander is using steroids, or some other chemical enhancement?

    I thought the guy was losing his power two three years ago.

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene replied to the topic 2017 Post-Season Thread in the forum Baseball 20 hours, 7 minutes ago

    Is Verlander using roids?

  • Profile picture of MordenUnbound

    MordenUnbound became a registered member 21 hours, 35 minutes ago

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 23 hours, 25 minutes ago

    @DeepDixieBlue said:
    I can’t believe you’re ready to tell DM to hit the bricks. He didn’t just turn around the worst franchise in baseball, it was arguably the worst run franchise in all of North American professional sports. He’s brought us two WS appearances and one championship — a helluva accomplishment for one of the smallest markets in the…

    [Read more]

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 23 hours, 25 minutes ago

    @DeepDixieBlue said:
    I can’t believe you’re ready to tell DM to hit the bricks. He didn’t just turn around the worst franchise in baseball, it was arguably the worst run franchise in all of North American professional sports. He’s brought us two WS appearances and one championship — a helluva accomplishment for one of the smallest markets in the…

    [Read more]

  • Profile picture of P Krebs

    P Krebs replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 1 day ago

    Hosmer and Moose are too expensive for the Royals payroll (as structured right now). They are likely to garner comp picks for the Royals so I think they are gone. Cain, yes I think he is gone as well as Escobar. Vargas might be back as he fits the ball park, although he will have interest in the market. Moylan I would take back in a heartbeat,…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of P Krebs

    P Krebs became a registered member 1 day, 1 hour ago

  • Profile picture of DeepDixieBlue

    DeepDixieBlue replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 1 day, 7 hours ago

    @gene said:
    There was a pretty interesting discussion with Frank Boal yesterday on The Program on .810.

    He seemed to be suggesting that Dayton is likely using the Atlanta opening as a ploy to shake something out of the Glasses…..maybe a better extension….more money….a promotion and a better job title.

    That’s exactly what I was thinking.…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of DeepDixieBlue

    DeepDixieBlue replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 1 day, 7 hours ago

    @gene said:
    There was a pretty interesting discussion with Frank Boal yesterday on The Program on .810.

    He seemed to be suggesting that Dayton is likely using the Atlanta opening as a ploy to shake something out of the Glasses…..maybe a better extension….more money….a promotion and a better job title.

    That’s exactly what I was thinking.…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of Justin Wray

    Justin Wray replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 1 day, 19 hours ago

    I think Hosmer, Moose, Esky, and Vargas come back. Minor and Moylan as well.

    Feeling like Cain will walk. Melky won’t be back either.

    These are gut feelings.

  • Profile picture of RoyalRich

    RoyalRich replied to the topic Royals and Diversity Issue in the forum Baseball 1 day, 19 hours ago

    I don’t know. This won’t be popular but I don’t care either. I don’t like the whole discussion about “there isn’t enough blacks or latino coaches or managers or whatever else.” There is as many as the team wants there to be. We don’t have proof it has anything to do with racism or indifference or anything else.

    Several years back there was a…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of RoyalRich

    RoyalRich replied to the topic 2017 Post-Season Thread in the forum Baseball 1 day, 19 hours ago

    I sure hope so, at least my Dodgers are in.

    Honestly a LA v NY series wouldn’t be the worst thing. At long as the Dodgers just destroy them. But I really would rather see the Astros get there.

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 2 days, 5 hours ago

    There was a pretty interesting discussion with Frank Boal yesterday on The Program on .810.

    He seemed to be suggesting that Dayton is likely using the Atlanta opening as a ploy to shake something out of the Glasses…..maybe a better extension….more money….a promotion and a better job title.

    Maybe we can hope that the old fart will tell…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of Gene

    Gene started the topic Royals and Diversity Issue in the forum Baseball 2 days, 5 hours ago

    So what do you guys think about Moore taking all the top executives on a leadership retreat mainly about diversity?

    When I heard that part of Dayton’s interview it made me think that he must think it is a significant problem withen the organization.

    Have you guys seen or detected much racial bias in Royal’s organization?

    I have noticed there…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of Southpaw1188

    Southpaw1188 replied to the topic Moore's Press Conference in the forum Baseball 2 days, 6 hours ago

    I say what I always say about Moore and the press: it means nothing. He just flaps his gums so writers have things to put in their columns.

    I do also think that Moore isn’t sure what he is going to do yet this winter. He wants to have some of our FA come back but only if they are at a discount. So I think he is going to wait out the market and…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of Southpaw1188

    Southpaw1188 replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 2 days, 6 hours ago

    So this is my guess: any of the free agents that come back do so in late January for pennies on the dollar. They all said goodbye that last week because Moore knew he was not going to be able to pay to have any of them come back. Now, if the market makes the players value decrease a lot, then I think he’d entertain bringing them back. So, to that…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of DeepDixieBlue

    DeepDixieBlue replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 2 days, 7 hours ago

    @KCRoyalBlue said:
    I’m thinking:

    5 yrs./$100 million

    He’s JUST turning 28 in a couple of weeks on Oct. 24th, so you get him THRU his age-32 season.
    .

    So, the next question is: Would you want Dayton Moore to sign that deal?

    Between guaranteed contracts and estimated arbitration raises KC already has a payroll of approx $110M for 2018. Adding…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of DeepDixieBlue

    DeepDixieBlue replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 2 days, 7 hours ago

    @KCRoyalBlue said:
    I’m thinking:

    5 yrs./$100 million

    He’s JUST turning 28 in a couple of weeks on Oct. 24th, so you get him THRU his age-32 season.
    .

    So, the next question is: Would you want Dayton Moore to sign that deal?

    Between guaranteed contracts and estimated arbitration raises KC already has a payroll of approx $110M for 2018. Adding…[Read more]

  • Profile picture of DeepDixieBlue

    DeepDixieBlue replied to the topic Hosmer in the forum Baseball 2 days, 7 hours ago

    @KCRoyalBlue said:
    I’m thinking:

    5 yrs./$100 million

    He’s JUST turning 28 in a couple of weeks on Oct. 24th, so you get him THRU his age-32 season.
    .

    So, the next question is: Would you want Dayton Moore to sign that deal?

    Between guaranteed contracts and estimated arbitration raises KC already has a payroll of approx $110M for 2018. Adding…[Read more]

  • Load More