• May 8, 2015 at 2:21 pm

    Tommy John surgery is the fear. Royals left-hander Jason Vargas is headed to the disabled list with a strained flexor tendon. Vargas was off to a roug[See the full post at: Royals place Jason Vargas on disabled list with elbow injury | HardballTalk]

  • May 8, 2015 at 2:32 pm

    I was just going to say that I feared a sweep by the Tigers this weekend becuase Price seemed unhitable last weekend and Ace hasn’t been pitching like one much lately. Then having Vargas and Guthrie after that spells sweep. At least we will get one replaced, just not the one I wanted as Guthrie is garbage.

  • May 8, 2015 at 2:48 pm

    I suspect this means we will see Joe Blanton in the line-up soon

  • May 8, 2015 at 3:19 pm

    @gene said:
    I suspect this means we will see Joe Blanton in the line-up soon

    That;s what I was thinking as well. Also, Moose is out tonight due to a family emergency apparently.

    Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

  • May 8, 2015 at 3:31 pm

    Per Rotoworld:

    Chris Young will take the injured Jason Vargas’ (elbow) spot in the Royals’ rotation.
    He’ll start on Sunday in Detroit. Young tossed five hitless innings in a spot start versus the Tigers last week and overall has a 1.06 ERA and 16/5 K/BB ratio over 17 innings for Kansas City this season. He’s certainly a downgrade from Vargas but should give the Royals some solid innings as long as he can remain healthy

    Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

  • May 8, 2015 at 3:44 pm

    If this team survives this string of injuries and suspensions without a big losing streak, there’s nothing that will stand between them and the pennant.

  • May 8, 2015 at 3:51 pm

    @dgambill said:
    If this team survives this string of injuries and suspensions without a big losing streak, there’s nothing that will stand between them and the pennant.

    Unless the streak of injuries doesn’t stop.

  • May 8, 2015 at 3:53 pm

    2:50pm: Vargas tells reporters that further tests revealed that there’s no damage to his UCL (Twitter link via McCullough). He’s hopeful that he can begin to play catch next week and only miss “a few” starts, though the team has yet to announce any form of timetable.

  • May 8, 2015 at 5:51 pm

    The Tigers are probabl

    @bojacked85 said:
    Per Rotoworld:

    Chris Young will take the injured Jason Vargas’ (elbow) spot in the Royals’ rotation.
    He’ll start on Sunday in Detroit. Young tossed five hitless innings in a spot start versus the Tigers last week and overall has a 1.06 ERA and 16/5 K/BB ratio over 17 innings for Kansas City this season. He’s certainly a downgrade from Vargas but should give the Royals some solid innings as long as he can remain healthy

    The Tigers can’t be too happy to see Young replacing Vargas.