• May 7, 2015 at 12:29 pm

So we traded Ryan Jackson for Drew Butera. Guess Pena isn’t long for the majors. Not sure why? Butera’s career line in the majors is .183/.238/.266, which is good for an OPS+ of….40. Seriously…WTF? I’d taken a gamble on a AA catcher before getting this guy.

Because Royals™
    2015 GDT record: 5-1

• May 7, 2015 at 12:35 pm

@bojacked85 said:

Especially when the backup catcher isn’t going to play anyway.

• May 7, 2015 at 1:28 pm

Any word on when the game might start?

• May 7, 2015 at 2:08 pm

For the start of the game, I heard 2:30 CT.

As for Butera, as I heard on KCSP, they indicated that defense was the focus of the backup at catcher, and (apparently.. because I don’t really know) Butera is a good defensive catcher.

2015 GDT Record: 4-4

• May 7, 2015 at 2:21 pm

@soniram said:
    For the start of the game, I heard 2:30 CT.

Too bad we couldn’t of picked up thier second baseman to replace Omar

• May 7, 2015 at 2:56 pm

Any update on the game starting? The prediction of 2:30 CST is sort of out the window at this point. On the radar, I not seeing it totally clear up until like 3:30-3:45 or so.

• May 7, 2015 at 3:43 pm

That is what I call klubing Kluber. 😀

• May 7, 2015 at 4:01 pm

I hope Volquez can command better after getting through that second.

• May 7, 2015 at 4:33 pm

Wow, 40 pitches, that was painful to watch.

• May 7, 2015 at 4:35 pm

@gene said:
    Wow, 40 pitches, that was painful to watch.

Volquez? I’m stuck at work, can’t watch.

• May 7, 2015 at 4:37 pm

The two pitchers that I thought we had who could still pitch well have now taken a big dump. We got a lot of problems with this staff unless some major corrections are made with either the pitchers or the roster.

• May 7, 2015 at 4:47 pm

@dgambill said:
    Volquez? I’m stuck at work, can’t watch.

Yeah he totally lost it in the 3rd inning. Shoulder really flying open. Walked in two runs.