In this episode Danny and Craig look back on the 2004 Royals and the amazing doubleheader they played on 9/9/04. Craig explains the finer points of WAR, and we look at the Royals top prospects.
- Ender trolls everyone with the final out
- Tyler Austin makes a great sliding grab in foul territory to help the Yankees get out of a jam
- Miguel Rojas takes Clayton Kershaw deep to put the Marlins up 3-0
- Mookie Betts hits an opposite field homer for his second of the game.
- Acuña's First Big League Hit
- Ozzie Albies hits a moon shot for his 7th home run, now tied for 2nd in NL in HR's
- Tyler Austin three run shot to left, 5-2 Yankees
- Didi Gregorius mashes a solo shot. His 4th straight game with a HR!
- Mookie Betts hits another lead-off home run.
- Thought this might be another good place to share this post about Mel Ott (my great grandfather)
- Umpire Todd Tichenor Takes a Foul Ball to the Nuts
- Mike Trout weather report
- [DiComo] Matt Harvey laughed audibly when approached by reporters today seeking comment about his bullpen debut. "No chance. Zero chance," he said. Harvey was asked why. "I have nothing to say to you guys," he said. He was asked why not. "I dont [expletive] want to," Harvey replied.
- [Post-Series Thread] The Los Angeles Angels (16-9) take 2 out of 3 against the Houston Astros (17-9) at Minute Maid Park.
- Albert Pujols lines a HR into the Crawford Boxes for career hit 2,994.