In this episode Danny and Craig look back on the 2004 Royals and the amazing doubleheader they played on 9/9/04. Craig explains the finer points of WAR, and we look at the Royals top prospects.
- [Kim Sung-min] Kang Jung-ho update: Kang has entered the Dominican Republic to apply for U.S. work visa from the U.S. embassy in D.R.
- Who has the worst plate discipline in baseball?
- If Major League Baseall was throwing a party, what would your team be doing?
- Paul Rudd's "The Catcher Was A Spy" debuts tonight at Sundance. It's about the life of MLB Catcher and American Spy Moe Berg.
- #Indians, #Orioles have discussed Manny Machado this offseason; no active talks at the moment, sources say, but Cleveland could be best fit of all for a Machado
- [NBC Sports] Per autopsy report, Roy Halladay had traces of morphine, amphetamine and Ambien in his system during fatal plane crash.
- [Langosch] The #STLCards have traded OF Randal Grichuk to Toronto. St. Louis gets RHPs Dominic Leone and Connor Greene in return.
- Billy Wagner had the lowest ERA of his career (1.43 in 70 Innings Pitched) in the final season of his career. Who are some other players that went out on top, having arguably their best season in their final season?
- [McCullers] You can’t limit mound visits, especially from the catcher, when everyone is using adv tech to steal signs. You have to change them too often to try to keep things as “even” as possible. And I’m not talking about signs when a man is on second.
- [Silverman] Source: Red Sox offer to JD Martinez believed to be roughly $125 million over five years. That's what OF Josh Hamilton got from the Angels five years ago.
- (Feinsand) Mariners claim Chasen Bradford from Mets
- George Brett won 3 battle titles spanning 3 different decades (1976 at the age of 23, 1980 at the age of 27, 1990 at the age of 37)
- Reel of animals invading MLB fields
- Hall of Fame Discussion: Trevor Hoffman
- Why don’t free agents ask for more interesting non-monetary contract terms? Who has asked for weird stuff?